3.30.2012

Insightful Inspiration


No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.
- Barbara De Angelis

Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward.
- Napoleon Hill

If we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.
- Anthony Robbins

Regrets are the tears of choices not made and of good deeds left undone.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

I read those quotes and thank the good Lord I made the choices I've made in the last 2-3 years. Rock bottom was a nasty place to be and if I hadn't have taken control of my own happiness, only He knows where I'd be.

I truly wish I could express enough how important it is to take a step outside the comfort zone and just take a leap of Faith. I come across so many who want a quick fix. Who can't just say: 'Why the heck not, it's only money!' They let fear hold them back from experiencing something that would change their life immensely.

I understand, I did it too. Until I had nothing left. Until I was so broken and lost, it was either death or do something different. So I leaped into the great unknown - then my Wings of Faith took over. Three years later, I'm slimmer, happier, healthier and the things I've always wanted are falling into place. No it's not easy. No it's not happening over night. It's consistency and self-discipline. It's making tiny, insignificant choices, daily that compound over time into something bigger and more meaningful. It's doing the things that many people won't do. The things that won't hurt if I don't do them, but if I do them, those things will get me one step closer to my goals. I go against the norm. I find ways to step outside the comfort zone. I'm not always perfect. I'm not always sure. But I keep doing them anyway.

I am the master of my own happiness. I am the only one who can control my actions and reactions. I don't say 'I can't' anymore, I say 'I will find a way'. I won't let a lack of money control my choices; it is just money - it comes, it goes. Why let it control you? Find a way around it. Get creative. Think outside the comfort zone. YOU have the power. YOU have the control.

That's my secret. That's how I do it. That's how I lost 50 pounds and have kept it off. That's how I've re-built my life from rock bottom - up. That's how I've become my own boss. That's how I'm creating my own destiny. I have the Will. I have the Faith. I have the Power. I have the Control - One choice, one step, one goal, one day at a time.

Will you take the leap of Faith and join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment