12.15.2011

Is It Worth It?

I had to sit down and write about this.

I'm a Team Beachbody Coach. I'm still relatively new at this business, about 4 months in. I've been struggling to form a team and get things going the way I want them too. I haven't really made all that much money (yet), but I'm still learning and growing. I know the potential is there if I work for it!

Today, Thursday, is Beachbody payday. My commission check for this week is the biggest check I've seen yet! I made $132.88 for one week - to me that's HUGE! Slowly but surely I'm making more and more. I don't see a check every week yet, but it's not from the lack of trying. Gosh I'm always...and I mean ALWAYS working. But it's fun for me. I love what I do. It's not really working if you love what you're doing and who you're working with. This is a job, like any other job. It's hard work, dedication and perseverance to overcome the slow, mundane and some times stress-fully barren weeks I don't get paid. I am building a business from the ground up - it will take time to show all my hard work. Patience!

Talking to people about my workouts and the products I use. Helping people with their own weightloss journey, mentoring people and sharing our hardships with this thing we call a "Healthy Lifestyle". That's what this is all about. It's not about the money! Yes, I started this business as a way to supplement my husband's income. I wanted a way that I could continue to be a Homemaker, which is my top priority. My family means everything to me. But I wanted a way to make extra money too and do what I love, which is talking about fitness, healthy eating and weightloss. So becoming a coach seemed logical and is an ideal job for me. The money I make on the side helps out my family, and I'm looking forward to bigger checks in the future, but for me, this job is so much more than making a commission.

It keeps me on track with my own personal journey. It keeps me accountable for my own actions with fitness and food. It also makes me feel good about myself. I feel competent and important. I know I'm doing a good thing when I have friends, and the people I'm coaching, coming to me and telling me how much I help them. How much they need my help. That brings such joy and fulfillment to my world. I may be helping them shed unwanted pounds, but THEY are helping me be the person I've always wanted to be: Confident, smart, savvy and kind.

Is it worth it? Financially - it's slow but getting there! Personally - Oh yeah! I can't think of anything else in this world I'd rather be doing. I love being a Beachbody Coach!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Baby! You work so hard and I know it'll pay off soon. Be patient and don't ever give up on your dream. I support everything you're doing.

    ReplyDelete