1.23.2012

Gray Days - Blue Moods

Spring is on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 -
56 days, 4 hours remain till Spring
 First Day Of Spring.

UGH - Really? There's that many days til Spring? Will the sunshine return finally? How about some warmth?

It's a gray Monday and this weather is seriously putting the "winter blues" on the front burner. I've been doing everything I can think of: "fake it til I make it", work out to get some endorphins flowing, take extra vitamin D, distract myself, ignore it...NOTHING wants to end the blue mood I'm in today.

I know, I live in the Pacific Northwest. Gray days are a dime a dozen in the winter here. I should be over it, used to it - etc. Yet, the longer the sun stays away, the more it hurts me. There's not a whole lot I can do about it. Of course I could move - but that's not real logical. And besides; I actually love living here in Oregon. It's beautiful here. I just really miss the sun! 

I've never been much of a fan of winter, whether it's snowing, raining, icing...I hate cold weather period! I hate gray days period! I hate winter period! Yes, I understand we must have winter. Snow, rain, ice - it all is a necessary evil to the ecology of Earth. That doesn't mean I gotta like it! 

This was my last resort. Writing about it. Maybe someone out there who reads this will take comfort in the fact that they're not alone, if they too are experiencing this "Gray Day - Blue Mood". And actually, putting it out there. Typing out my feelings - in a way it's therapeutic. It doesn't take away the gray, but it's given me another avenue for dealing and getting over it. 

Onward motion, keep moving --->>> Spring will be here soon. Sunny days will be here again. The countdown begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment